A popular inquiry from AutoCAD users is how to plot a drawing to a raster file (or bitmap/picture). This is often in response to the need to provide a ‘picture’ of the drawing without actually providing the DWG, or perhaps a drawing is to be displayed in a web page.
When you paste pie/bar graphs from Excel into AutoCAD, they can exhibit all the problems of a typical OLE insert, including plot rotation, etc. Use this procedure to ‘shake off’ the OLE.
- In Excel, copy your graph to the clipboard.
- In AutoCAD, issue the PASTESPEC command, choose Excel Chart, your only choice at this point.
- In AutoCAD, right click on the chart and choose CUT.
- In AutoCAD, issue the PASTESPEC command again, choose AutoCAD entities.
- Erase the outer border and background solid to reveal a good looking collection of native geometry.