To transfer point groups from one drawing to another, you can use Civil3D’s built-in LandXML export and import tools.
- Open the source drawing (with the groups you want to transfer).
- In the ToolSpace right click on Point Groups, then choose Export LandXML.
- Select the groups you want to export.
- Click OK to save the file.
- Click the Insert tab them LandXML to start the import.
- Select the file created above.
- Click OK to begin the import.
Now in the ToolSpace Point Groups section you should have the imported groups (along with any that existed before the import).