This tool transforms coordinates using three known points on two systems using Affine, Helmert or Sixparm transforms. Most users will find the LINES definition method is easiest, as in the example below where we have drawn 3 LINE objects (shown in cyan dashed lines).
The entities that can be transformed include nearly all standard CAD objects, and support many Aecc objects in Civil3D as well including CogoPoints, FeatureLines, Pipes and Structures.
This tool also produces a detailed report of the parameters used in the transformation including the (6) points in the old and new locations, scales, rotations and transforms. Also optionally reports the old and new coordinates of objects transformed, along with inverse information (azimuth and distance).
- Open the drawing containing the geometry.
- Initiate this command using the menu, ribbon or command.
- Choose a transformation method (see notes).
- Choose a definition method (see notes).
- Select the objects to transform.
- Optionally output the transformation information.
- Optionally output the old/new location information.
There are three transformation methods.
- Affine transformation includes the translation, rotation and scaling of all three axis.
- Helmert transformation allows to transform points by translating and rotating for each axis and by a scale factor for all three position components.
- Six parameter transformation allows to transform points by translating and rotating.
There are three definition options.
- Lines method allows selection of three LINE objects to designate the six points (easiest).
- Points method lets you pick the six points in the drawing.
- Recall method recalls the last six points used.
- You can press <ESC> to cancel the report output at the end.